" Unfortunately due to the economy my daughter and I had no choice but to give up our home. Karen was very helpful and understanding during this difficult time. She was not only our real estate agent, she was our friend. Thanks again Karen" Fall River MA short sale Home Seller
" Due to divorce I had to sell my home " short " As a real estate agent myself, I chose Karen to handle the sale, I knew she had helped many others with a Short sale. She helped me save my credit & move on with my life. Swansea, MA short sale seller
" Karen Saved Us " we were loosing our home because of our medical bills and not being able to rent out an apt in our 2 family, we did a short sale with Karen, 2 years later our credit is in the 800's and we are looking to buy an affordable home using Karen to help us again . Fall River MA short sale seller
You are not alone, many home owners are in the same boat as you. The economy, high cost of living, job losses and loan adjustments have forced many home owners to fall behind on their mortgage payments.
You do not have to let your home go into foreclosure. As a CDPE- Certified Distressed Property Expert, I am Trained in helping home owners in distress avoid Foreclosure. You have options:
If a loan modification is not available & you find you must sell your home I invite you to give me a call to discuss other options available to you. I understand what you are going through. All inquiries are in the strictest of confidence. You can reach me at 774.930.8181 phone or text or Contact me .
Home Owners that must sell, that do not have equity in the home, meaning they owe more than the home is worth, should consider a Short sale. When you do a short sale Your lender pays the real estate agent & other closing costs. This means I can help you for No Cost.
A "Short Sale" will avoid the embarrassment, humiliation and stress of a foreclosure and have less of an impact on your credit. In a Short sale you put your home on the market with your Realtor, starting at market value. When a buyer is found the paperwork is submitted to your lender, asking your mortgage holder to take less or "short" of what is owed to them. Lenders prefer a short sale because it saves them time & money. As your Realtor I market the property agressively and work closely with an attorney that handles the short sale for you,( There is no fee for my services or the Attorney ) Using an attorney gives you a layer of legal protection... at no cost to you !
Benefits of Short sale over Foreclosure.
In a Short sale:
* negotiate with the bank (s) to pay all fees including real estate agent & Attorney
* seller's credit bruised
* Most likely will not have income taxes due ( seek an accountant ) tax laws change often
* peace of mind, move on with your life for a better future for you and your Family, You are more in Control, You have a decision in the sale/move date.
* buy a home sooner and in the meantime it will be much easier to rent a home
* liens negotiated, request lender to forgive the debt. Most cases your loan is " Forgiven" no liens
* May be eligible for up to $3,000 to help with moving costs. ( I recently got a family $675. check to help move, $1500 in water/ sewer bills paid and back real estate taxes paid up to date .
* Notice of Default, then foreclosure notice, auction notice and court settlement advertised in the local newspaper (embarrassing)
* A foreclosure is considered one of the most serious defaults possible on a credit history. That could make it difficult to rent an apartment,secure a job, get a line of credit, Co sign on a childs education or car loan or buy another home in the future. Some insurance companies also charge higher rates for persons with bad credit. A foreclosure could affect you & your family's life for years to come.
* Bank most likely will file a Deficiency Judgement against you. In addition to the money they lost on the loan amount. All fees will be added. Including the Auction, Hefty attorney fees, taxes, realtor commissions etc. They want you to pay the money they lost back. You are obligated to repay the money. Estimated at $30,000 for most lenders to foreclose added to amount they lost on the mortgage.
* Auction on your front steps while you are still in the home
* No peace of mind- Can be put out of the home on short notice by a Sheriff at the door
* Cannot buy a home again for 5 years -10 years
* all liens exhausted
Call or Text me today at ( 774 ) 930-8181 for more information All calls are confidential and you are under absolutely no obligation. Or email me
* Disclaimer: This information is provided to give you an idea of your options. I strongly advise you to seek legal, tax and other advice from professionals in those areas.
Safe Harbor Realty is not associated with the government,All efforts will be made to obtain the best outcome for you. Your lender may not agree to change your loan.
Karen Ann Martin Realtor CDPE- Certified Distress Property Expert trained in Helping home owners in need avoid Foreclosure .
Safe Harbor Realty Fall River MA Short Sale Agent
Call me today the worst thing you can do is nothing (774) 930-8181